Little Red Tree International Poetry Prize – 2014
Little Red Tree Publishing is proud to announce the launch of the second International Poetry Prize, with a first prize of $1,000, runner-up $250 with $50 to 5 finalists.
It is offered in response to demand for an opportunity to be associated with Little Red Tree by poets who have yet to develop a full collection. It is also an opportunity for Little Red Tree to extend its search and engage with quality poets from around the world who wish to be published.
The prizewinner, runner-up and third place will feature prominently, with full biography, in a special collection called The Little Red Tree International Poetry Prize 2014 Anthology. The book will also include a wide selection of poetry from those submitted that did not make the final selection but were considered worthy of publication. The book will be published in the summer of 2014.
A book launch will be scheduled at a suitable venue in New London, CT. All winners and published poets will be invited to read their poems.
- Poets can submit any number of poems for $5.00 each.
- All subjects and styles are accepted and can be of any length. However, we are of the opinion that it is the exception not the rule that a poem sustains interest over two pages or more.
- Poets can pay online at www.littleredtree.com on the contacts page, or via online PayPal invoice if email provided, or a mailed check to address above with submission.
- The competition is international and therefore open to anyone from any country but the submission must be in English.
- Submissions by mail to: Little Red Tree Publishing, [International Poetry Prize], 635 Ocean Avenue, New London, CT 06320, must be postmarked (or emailed date of transmission) no later than December 31, 2013. Poems can be submitted online as a word document attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each poem should be typed on a separate page, in 12 point Times Roman or Arial, with a covering page containing name, contact information, poem title and its precise form (if traditional).
- Mailed hardcopy of poem(s) must include a self-addressed stamped postcard if acknowledgement of receipt is required. Manuscripts will be returned if a suitable SASE is supplied.
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted; however, Little Red Tree Publishing should be notified immediately if a poem is accepted elsewhere.